Surat, Sept 5:
Evidently, all companies work hard on putting out their best of the best products for their clients but how exactly do you imagine the ideas in action?
The process goes in the following way-
- The management would come up with an idea.
- Then would discuss that with the board members or team members.
- The Chief Technology Officer would then go back to his cave and start researching.
- After coming up with the resources, he would discuss the plan with his entire development team.
- The teammates would pour in their ideas and they would all wear themselves out, taking all the weight on their shoulders, working behind the grand project.
- And when the product or the update is ready, the sales and marketing team would get busy in promoting it.
Well, that’s usual shebang and everybody does that!!!!
But don’t you think this is all boring? Do you have any other idea to bring out the best of your caliber?
Well, we didn’t just come up with the idea, but we dared to implement that idea… and guess what, the outcome is a BIG BLOCKBUSTER!
Because, in the end, we didn’t only have one big idea but we had SEVEN big ideas for catering the best solutions to our clientele and channel partner network – ideas that help them in the betterment of their business.
It all started with the idea of Hackathon 3.0 and the fact that at eZee, we have a single motto that promotes the thought of always learning, always growing. Which is why we have an internal (but exciting) competitions running every now and then, but it wasn’t until Hackathon 3.0 that it finally set the eZee brains on fire and gave out groundbreaking ideas.
Hackathon 3.0 was all about coming up with fresh and innovative perceptions that the hotel industry urgently needs to adopt and considering the fact that eZee has not one but more than 200 CEOs at their headquarters in Surat, finding the loophole and filling it up was the task of the entire eZee team. Hence was introduced the grand competition – Hackathon 3.0: The Real Headhunter.
There were seven teams with seven different innovative ideas. The teams were given around three months to fully develop their concepts followed by the grand finale on 2nd September where all the product and update ideas were put in the limelight.
The seven statements there were worked on, goes in the following sequence-
- Common OTA connection layer
- Common payment gateway layer
- Chat bot for eZee support team
- “Update centre” for the Channel Manager
- Content Management System for Hotel Websites
- Centralized Guest Profile for Chain Properties
- API integration of eZee POS systems with Online Food Ordering Portals
The competition was thoroughly judged by the two founders of the company, Vipul Kapoor and Hitesh Patel.
Among all the ideas, the idea of having a common interface for OTAs was considered the best idea and was given the title of the winner of the Hackathon 3.0.
With 1Ninja – the common OTA connection layer, now setting up an interface with any OTA will become even easier and faster.
The idea of “Update center for the Channel Manager” and “Common payment gateway layer” were first and second runners-up respectively. Moreover, the idea of integrating with various leading food ordering portal is already live whereas, the rest of the other ideas are a work in progress.
Whether it takes coming up with such innovative ways every now and then or remaining true to all the traditional ways of the industry, We have always kept our promise and stood forth to cater to our clients. By organizing such big events to encourage these amazing initiatives going on at our headquarters, we affirm our single-minded aim to provide the best for the hospitality industry.
To know more about such exciting events at eZee Technosys,
Like us on FacebookFollow us on TwitterConnect with us on LinkedIn